A blog of sorts...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tagged: Metablogging

I received this from Arthur Vandelay...

1-Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?

I'm not too thrilled about the appearance - I think it's time I updated the template. As for the contents, I'm content. I'd like to expand upon the range of links and other bits and pieces in the sidebar.

2-Does your family know about your blog?

I told them about it when I first started blogging, but I don't think they ever visit it.

3-Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?

I don't see why not. As for privacy I agree with
Arthur Vandelay: How can it be private if it's in the public sphere?

4-Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? or you try to discover new blogs?

I don't get many comments on my blog, mainly because I haven't really "advertised" myself too much. That is, I haven't commented on other peoples blogs and left a link back to my own. I read the blogs listed in the sidebar everytime I go on the 'net, and I'm always on the lookout for new ones.

5-Did your blog positively affect (sic) your mind? Give an example.

Definately. It's helped me to develop more critical thinking skills and to practise the art of argument.

6-What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter?

As I said before, I don't get many visitors. Now that I'm back into blogging more frequently I hope to change that. I don't use a traffic counter.

7-Did you imagine how other bloggers look like?

Not really.

8-Do you think blogging has any real benefit?

I agree with
Arthur Vandelay again here. I think blogging will, in the future, play an important role in political discourse - picking up the ball when the traditional media drops it (which is a more and more frequent occurrence).

9-Do you think that the blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?

Sort of, but as people turn more to the internet as a source of news and information I think the blogosphere will gain notoriety.

10-Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?

Bewilder is perhaps a better word. But it's not so much the blogs themselves - it's usually things reported on blogs which wouldn't find their way into the traditional press.

11-Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?

Yes of course - it makes you defend your arguments and offers a chance for self reflection.

12-Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog in case you died?

Nope. I'm not sure what Blogger does with blogs that don't get edited for a long time - maybe it eventually gets deleted?

13-Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?

Ed Brayton for sure. Tim Dunlop too.

14-Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?

Arthur Vandelay and Anonymous Lefty.

15-Name a song you want to listen to?

Playground for a Wedgeless Firm - The Chemical Brothers

|

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home